I took advice from a psychiatrist to keep my relationship

A year back, when the pandemic broke, I got stuck in Bangalore, whereas my wife stayed in Kolkata with my parents. We got married 3 years back, and we were planning for a kid when the situation arrived. I tried hard to go back home but failed each time because of the lockdown. 

psychiatrist

My wife was managing everything alone there as my parents are quite old. She even lost her job. I was not there to support her, and the work from home concept had taken all the time that I used to give her previously. But I had no idea that the gap of 6 months would change so many things between us. After I came back home, I realized that nothing was the same as before. The trauma of living without me and losing the job at the same time had made her a different person. She was least interested in talking to me. Yes, she did everything to keep my home safe and happy, but she had learned to live without me. I was unable to make her understand my point of view. The communication gap and lack of time for each other had made us strangers. I badly wanted to reunite with her and give a fresh start to our relationship. A friend told me about a psychiatrist famous for family counselling in Kolkata. I convinced my wife to come along, and she agreed after requesting many times. The doctor heard everything patiently. We both shared our part of the story with the doctor. After a few sessions, I found a change in my wife’s behaviour. Now, we are leading a happy life. I thank the doctor from the core of my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The best psychiatrist treated my anxiety

What Is Kindling Effect - De-Addiction Therapist Explains